Safe Ship Moving Services Provides Valuable Tips for Relocating an Office
Companies typically relocate their offices to expand and acquire more customers, or to downsize for improved efficiency and cost. At times, businesses are forced to relocate simply because their lease is getting over. This transition time comes with a lot of risks. In addition to a drop in sales and customer complains, there are also chances of frail office items like laptops, hard drives, servers, files, laptops, etc, getting damaged during transit. To lower the risk of such issues, it is always better to have a proper moving strategy in place and hire companies like Safe Ship Moving Services.
Safe Ship Moving Services marks tips that can be helpful while relocating an office
Businesses of all sizes may benefit from office moves. Relocating to a new office can come with opportunities for growth, creativity, and better control over the brand and its surroundings. Moving to a new office can be a both an exciting and stressful time. Commercial relocations required detailed planning and preparation. Here are a few tips that can be quite helpful when relocating to a new office:
- Plan the move in advance: People should ideally plan their move about 3 to 6 months in advance. Doing so would allow them to get into the nitty-gritty of the move while they have enough time on their hands. Once a person knows what their new office will look like, they can get started with planning the interiors. It is better to plan how to arrange furniture and other equipment in the new office space beforehand.
- Inform the employees: The office employees should be well aware of the move. This will help them to prepare themselves for this change, as well as make changes in their schedule or transport arrangements, if necessary.
- Hire a professional mover: To ensure a smooth and hassle free move, it is always better to hire a moving company like Safe Ship Moving Services. However, one also needs to be careful about not going for the very first moving company they come across. Rather, they should compare multiple commercial movers and packers before making the choice.
- Give the IT team enough time to prepare: If a company has a large IT team then it is better to notify them about the move at least 3 months. After all, they might have to take care of the phone connections, internet plans and so on. They also may have to inspect the new office and determine if there is any need for equipment upgrades.
- Purge unnecessary items: Before executing the move, one should try to get rid of unimportant old files, unused furniture, and other items that are not needed, to make the move easier.
Office moves should be planned taking important client meetings and project deadlines into account. One would not want to end up in a situation where they have to attend important client meetings while all the files, laptops and equipment are getting unpacked. Moreover, it is also not fair to expect the staff to work efficiently in such an environment. They should be given a minimum of 3 days just to settle in.